Northern Belle luxury vintage steam train
Back to Events
Date: 11th May 2019
Departing from Maidstone East, the Northern Belle will take a circular route around the Kent countryside
All aboard with Heart of Kent Hospice
We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard. If you have any problems please contact us on 07484 527992, thank you
Heart of Kent Hospice is bringing the style and glamour of 1930s steam travel to Kent with an exclusive trip on the magnificent Northern Belle.
We are proud to be chartering Britain’s finest luxury vintage steam train for a unique, lunch-time excursion through the spectacular Kent countryside. Guests will be welcomed aboard by liveried stewards and shown to individually designed carriages, each inspired by the grandeur and elegance of a British castle or stately home.
A Black class 5 steam special locomotive will transport passengers back to a golden age of travel as they enjoy champagne and canapés, followed by an exquisite, four course meal prepared from locally sourced organic Kent produce, seasonal ingredients accompanied by a carefully selected bottle of fine wine. Lunch will include a British cheeseboard, biscuits and chutneys and will be rounded off with coffee and petit fours.
The trip takes place on Saturday 11 May 2019, departing from Maidstone East at 12.30pm and returning at around 5pm. Dress code is smart day wear. Tickets priced at £349 per person include:
- Return travel on the Northern Belle luxury vintage train
- Black class 5 steam special locomotive
- Champagne reception
- Table canapes
- Half a bottle of wine per person
- A sumptuous four course lunch including a
- great British cheeseboard, biscuits and chutneys
- Coffee and petit fours
- Scenic Kent countryside route
STEP ON BOARD THE VINTAGE AND BEAUTIFUL NORTHERN BELLE LUXURY TRAIN FOR A TRULY
Due to the layout of the Northern Belle train we advise bookings of even numbers. Tables of two are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and as bookings are received it is likely that you will be sharing a table of four.
To book please click HERE or telephone 01622 790195
Terms and conditions:
- A non refundable £99 fee deposit is initially charged to confirm your booking with final payment due 4 months prior to departure.
- Due to the limited number of tables of 2 these will be allocated on a first come first served basis. There is a possibility you may need to share a table with another party of 2.
- Limited mobility access on the Northern Belle. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- Please note that this excursion will operate under Northern Belle’s charter terms and conditions of carriage.
- Steam Locomotion: We will endeavour to operate by steam however this cannot be guaranteed. Northern Belle Limited reserves the right to replace the steam engine in the event of failure, adverse weather conditions or network issues with an alternative engine. Should the entire journey be hauled by diesel, guests may request a refund of £50 per passenger
- If tickets are cancelled 4 months before the 11th May a loss of deposit of the £ 99.00 will incur
- If tickets are cancelled in writing between 2-4 months out a 50% charge will apply.
- If tickets are cancelled in writing less than 2 months from departure date a 100% charge will apply.
- Transfer of tickets to other friends or family can be made if you are unable to travel
© 2014 Heart of Kent Hospice. Registered Charity No. 298164