This New Year, Heart of Kent Hospice is taking the hassle out of recycling your real Christmas tree by offering to pick it up from your doorstep in return for a donation.
Using a fleet of vans and volunteers, the Hospice will be picking up real Christmas trees, from residents within the boroughs of Maidstone and Tonbridge & Malling, from 8 – 10 January 2021, which will then be recycled.
The postcodes that Heart of Kent will be collecting from are:
ME15 6 ME15 7 ME15 8 ME16 0
ME16 8 ME19 4 ME19 6 ME20 6
To launch the initiative, Heart of Kent Hospice has come together with JustHelping, a national charity, that organises Christmas tree collections to raise money for charities.
This initiative, while helping local families needing the Hospice’s support, will also help to reduce the environmental effects of waste post-Christmas - reducing the number of trees that end up in landfill.
To book your collection.
Bookings will be open Sunday 15 November 2020. To arrange your collection, click here. Booking closes 12:00pm on 5 January 2021
How much does it cost?
Heart of Kent Hospice Christmas Tree Recycling collection asks for people booking a collection to donate. Suggested donation is £10. 90% of all donations will go directly to Heart of Kent Hospice and the remaining 10% will be donated to other local charities.
Support us – help spread the word
Heart of Kent Hospice together with their volunteers are aiming to collect as many trees as possible between 8 – 10 January 2021. To do this, they need lots of people to book. If you’ve booked, tell your friends and family - why not take a picture of your decorated tree and tag Heart of Kent Hospice, you’ll find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Heart of Kent Hospice has two corporate partners supporting the initiative, including Gallagher Group and Parkfoot Garage and Convenience store. Alongside Maidstone Borough Council and Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council who are supporting the initiative.
Together with our Partners and Supporters we are aiming to collect between 300 – 500 real Christmas trees over the weekend.
David Charman, Managing Director for Parkfoot award-winning convenience store and BP garage said: “The Hospice is very close to our hearts and provides a much needed and hugely appreciated service. We are delighted to be the Event Partner of their new initiative to recycle Christmas trees in January. We urge all our customers who buy trees from us at Christmas to have them collected and chipped in support of the Hospice.”
Richard Gallagher, Head of Estates for Gallagher Group said: “The Christmas tree recycling initiative is the simplest, greenest and most charitable way to dispose of your real Christmas tree. Heart of Kent Hospice means so much to us and to so many people in our community, we were only too happy to help and come on board as the Environmental Partner. Once the trees have been collected and brought to us, they will then be recycled into agricultural mulch, which will then be used across farmland in our community.”