Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd member responsible for the promotion of the lottery is Ann-Marie Roper.
These terms and conditions are the lottery rules. By entering the lottery, players agree to be bound by these rules.
- Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd does this, it will publish the amended rules.
- This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd.
- For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a 'Society Lottery.'
- Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd is licenced and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 004711.
- The person responsible for the Heart of Kent Hospice lottery is Anne Marie Roper, Heart of Kent Hospice, Preston Hall, Royal British Legion Village, Aylesford, ME20 7PU, United Kingdom.
- The Heart of Kent Hospice lottery is administered by Sterling Management Centre Limited, an External Lottery Manager licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 3137.
- In the lottery, monies raised by Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd will support the work of Heart of Kent Hospice to provide vital specialist end-of-life care.
- The Lottery is open to all mainland Great Britain residents aged 18 or over (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses and is due to The Gambling Act 2005).
- Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize, and their stakes will be returned, in accordance with Gambling Commission regulations.
- Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
- All tickets shall be priced at £1.
- In order to comply with the Gambling Act 2005, tickets that have been purchased and entered into the correct Draw cannot be refunded.
- The maximum number of entries an individual will be permitted to purchase in any one draw is £20.
- All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
- The draw for the prizes will be made weekly at our External Lottery Management company’s premises. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
- The winners of the lottery prizes will be notified by letter.
- A list of winning numbers will appear on our website and be available by calling on 01622 790195.
- Cash prizes will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
- Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the non-cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd at absolute discretion.
- Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds will be entered in the draw.
- Any uncashed cheque prizes after a period of six months have elapsed will be forfeited.
- Neither Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd or our External Lottery Management company shall be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/ or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you if you have not complied with the rules.
- All entrants are solely responsible for providing Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided.
- In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd of the change.
- Upon acceptance of a prize, the winner may be requested to take part in promotional activity, including publication of name and town of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them.
- Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative random game number if they wish at any time. We can unfortunately not accommodate requests for specific number combinations.
Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd in writing, by phone or via email.
- This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem, many independent organisations exist to provide information and support on gambling and gambling-related issues. You can call the National Gambling Hotline on 0808 802 0133 or find further information by visiting the following websites www.gamcare.org.uk or www.begambleaware.org
- If you would like to exclude yourself from playing our lottery, please fill in this form (https://www.hokh.org/media/noeckrfm/self-exclusion-form-updated.doc) and return it to the address on the bottom of the form.
Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd or the player.
- any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd for the administration of the lottery.
- any delays or failures in the banking system used by Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd or the player.
- any refusal by Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd to accept the registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a player.
- any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- any event beyond the reasonable control of Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd.
Neither Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd nor our External Lottery Manager shall be liable to you in contract, tort and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the lottery and/or the chance of winning a prize).
Any complaints relating to the lottery should be sent in writing to Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd, Preston Hall, Aylesford, Kent ME20 7PU giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd is committed to protecting the members’ privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and is used for processing lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize and Hospice News.
Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party without prior permission.
Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd, Preston Hall, Aylesford, Kent ME20 7PU in writing. Click here to read our privacy statement.
Proper law and jurisdiction
The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these terms and conditions and Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
All correspondence should be sent to Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd, Preston Hall, Aylesford, Kent ME20 7PU
In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
Each entrant should retain a copy of these terms and conditions for their reference. A downloadable and printable copy can be found here. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Heart of Kent Hospice Promotions Ltd, Preston Hall, Aylesford, Kent ME20 7PU.