Thanks to your donations, our charity shops are a treasure trove of fabulous fashions, stylish shoes, vintage vinyl and handsome homewares. So if you’re clearing your clutter or simply making room in your wardrobe for next season’s must haves, please donate your unwanted items to us. When you do, you’ll be helping us to continue our vital work in caring for local people living with a terminal illness.
How donating to us has changed because of coronavirus
While you have been in lockdown you may have spotted a few items around your home that you no longer want or need. We welcome your donations with open arms but the way we receive them has had to change:
- We treasure your donations but we are having to make sure that these are quarantined for 72 hours. This means that we need you to call and pre-book your donations at your chosen shop.
- When you ring the shop, we will ask you to give a name and expected time of arrival so we can confirm with you when you arrive. The manager will go through with you which items we are able to take
- As we re-open, each shop will have specific days and times when they can accept donations. Unfortunately, some shops will not be able to take donations at all for some time. As the space to store donations is limited, it may be necessary for us to stop taking donations earlier than advertised. We please ask you to phone the shop in advance to check it’s open and whether the team are able to take your donations before making your journey. Visit our Find a shop page for more information and telephone numbers.
- When you bring in your donations, there will be signage asking you to take them to a separate part of the shop so that you don’t have to queue alongside customers. You will need to wear a face covering inside the shop.
- It would be great if you could bring donations in bags or boxes and ideally separated by type, such as one bag for clothes and another for books etc. This will make our job of segregating and sorting easier and ensure that we handle the items as little as possible.
- Below is a list of the pre-loved items that we are able to accept.
Once we are ready to reopen some of our shops, details about which shops are open and at what times will be found on our Find a shop page.
Just to say, if anyone in your household has symptoms or is self-isolating as a result of test and trace then please wait until the isolation period has passed before donating.
Thank you for being patient with us as we work to keep all our shoppers, colleagues and volunteers safe.
Why not give us your pre-loved:
- Clothing, shoes, bags and accessories
- Toys and games
- Used vintage stamps
- Records, CDs and DVDs
- Bicycles - we take these at our larger shops or if you call our furniture donations telephone number 01622 791142 we may be able to collect
- Furniture (please visit our furniture donations page for more details as deliveries have changed)
- Foreign coins
- Mobile phones and gadgets such as MP3 players, IPods, satnavs, digital cameras and handheld consoles
What we are unable to accept
Please visit our Shopping FAQs for an extensive list of items we are unable to accept.
Make your donations stretch even further
Did you know that we can reclaim Gift Aid when you donate items to our shops? All you need to do is fill out a form with us and we will be able to reclaim 25% extra on the value of your donated goods. You can ask for a form in store or download a Retail Gift Aid form and take it with you when you next go into one of our shops.
For more information about Gift Aid, please visit our Shopping FAQs.