21 September 2020
We are delighted to let you know that all of our charity shops are now open. We are working hard to make sure that our shops are as safe as they can be and welcome you back with confidence.
Details of each shop’s opening days and times can be found on our Find a shop page – we ask that you please check before visiting, as these are subject to change each week.
Understandably when you visit us you will notice some changes:
- From Friday 24 July 2020, anyone entering our shops either to buy or to donate is required by law to wear a face covering. We respectfully ask that you comply with the law for everyone’s benefit.
- Our trading hours will change to give us more time to thoroughly clean our shops and prepare them for the following day’s trade.
- We will only be allowing a few customers in the shops at any one time and will be operating a one in/one out policy once this limit is reached.
- We will be asking customers to limit their browsing time to be fair to those waiting to enter the shop, and to try to handle items as little as possible.
- We are asking that only two people shop together.
- There will be social distancing markers to help you remain two metres apart from other customers.
- Our colleagues will be wearing PPE to protect them and you.
- We will have screens at the tills and will only be accepting card payments. You’ll be asked to stand back while we process your purchases.
- Our changing rooms will be closed, but we have extended our returns policy to three months so you can try on clothes at home and can return them providing the price label is attached and you bring back the original receipt.
- Not all of our shops are taking donations and those that are will only be able to accept donations on specific days and at certain times. Please visit the Donate to our shops page for more information.
- We are now able to complete furniture deliveries but these will be to the doorstep only. When arranging delivery of furniture from one of our shops please bear this in mind so you have sufficient help to transfer your purchases inside.
Thank you for being patient with us, as we work to keep all our shoppers, colleagues and volunteers safe.
Our network of charity shops stretches from outlying villages and towns such as Headcorn, Staplehurst and West Malling, to Maidstone, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells urban centres.
We sell a range of pre-loved items from clothing and accessories, books and toys, DVDs and CDs to electrical items, furniture and homeware.
The success of our shops is down to an invaluable army of passionate volunteers who work closely with our shop managers. Thanks to their support, good-quality donations from the public and their continued patronage, we receive a regular and sustainable source of income which helps us to deliver our care free of charge to the local community.